Rise and Fall

Yesterday, for me, was an average day.

On my Facebook status, I have called it, 'my temporary RISE and gradual FALL.' Rise, because I got the highest scores in our subjects Compiler Design under Prof. Gaucho (51/60) and Rizal under Prof. Distor (94/100 or 97%). These, indeed, are to be grateful for. I know I wouldn't do these things without Him. I didn't even expect to be highest in Compiler Design, 'cause our professor there always presents complex, challenging questions/problems to his students. But honestly, in the case of Rizal, I kinda anticipated it.

When the other half of my classes that day commenced, I wasn't very happy. I got the exact passing mark of 36 out of 60 items in our midterm exam. I accepted it, with a forceful grin. Anyhow, I always said to my mind, 'be contented.'

What made me shocked was seeing my grade in Compiler Design - Laboratory. 3.25. A grade similar to 5.0. I perspired! I haven't received this kind of grade ever in Midterm! Even in my hatest subject under the best Math prof, Ma'am Quintana, I haven't received that grade (I got a 3.0 then)! So why? Did I become so negligent of doing necessary stuff? Were my efforts insufficient despite my constant, palpable industry? I wanted to cry, but no single liquid exited my tearducts. I told myself, 'If this happened to me in highschool, I would have wept so loudly and wouldn't be valorous enough to face my classmates!'

Silly it may be, but my professor gave us a chance to keep up with our grades. He asked us to pass documentations next meeting regarding our previous machine problems.

WHEW! Hope my temporary rise will be no longer temporary. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment